When ever I go to a Asian buffet I binge on the Sauteed mushroom,though in my mind the floating oil keeps nagging me :((.To a mushroom lover like me,doing that does not seem like a good option .
Trying to figure out that dish,I ended up with something even better :try it and let me know!
- 8-10 button mushrooms
- 1/2 a garlic pod minced
- 1/2 a green chilly minced
- 1/2 tsp Soya sauce.
- sprinkle of salt.
- 1/2 tbsp oil/butter
- In a pan dribble oil,fry the gralic and chilly for less than a minute.
- Add the mushroom and sautee on medium flame; with salt for 3-4mts.
- Add Soy sauce while you move the mushroom around and reduce the heat to medium low and let it cook for another 2-3mts(or till u feel its cooked to your taste).
- PS:I also added 2-3 tbsp water and cooked for 2-3 mts,then raised the heat to high while I tossed the mushroom so the water is absorbed by the mushroom and gives a nice glaze.
- Serve hot as starter or side with fried rice.