I will not claim this to be an original Vietnamese recipe,but rather my take on it. Ever since I have come across this dish I have kind of fallen in love with this simple tasting light dish which is really easy to make.Since my pantry did not have many of the authentic Vietnamese sauces I did what best I could and the outcome was splendid.
- 1/3 sheet of Stir fry chicken strip.
- 1/2 cucumber-peeled and cut into long strips.
- 1/2 carrot cut into strips.
- 1/4 shallot-sliced.
- 2 garlic pods-finely chopped
- 1/4 inch ginger-finely chopped.
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce for marinade.
- 1/2 dark soy for sauce.
- 1/2 tsp thai ild peanut sauce.
- 1/2 tsp Lime juice
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder.
- 1/2 packet rice sticks
- 2tbsp canned bamboo shoots
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch of chilly flakes.
- wash and Marinate the chicken strips with salt,pepper powder,soya sauce,chopped ginger and 1/2 of the chopped garlic ,1tsp olive oil. Set it aside for 30mts .
- In a large pot boil 3 quarts water,add the rice sticks and cook for 4mts.Drain and keep aside.
- Make the sauce by mixing 4 tbsp water,1/4 tsp Dark and 1/4 light soya sauce(optional),rest of the chopped galric,chilly flakes,salt,sugar and peanut sauce with 1/2 tsp olive oil and keep aside.
- In a pan,dribble some oil and stir fry shallot,carrot and bamboo with some soya sauce(1/4 tspt ) & salt.-Placed the cooked veggies aside.
- grill the chicken or stir fry them as you look,I stir fried them for 10mts.cut them into bite size pieces.
- To serve:
- In a bowl,place the stir fried veggies at the bottom.
- Add place a handful off rice noodles over it,and pour little sauce over it.
- Place chicken pieces along with cucumber pieces and garnish it with more sauce.
- optionally garnish it with crushed roasted peanuts.