The other day I went to a function where they were serving this yummy chicken cutlets,though they were cold they were rather delicious.Ever since then I have been craving for chicken cutlets like the ones I used to eat back home.
Our place is well know for its over the counter bakery items. Kumars ,the confectionery most closest to my house used to carry variety of stuff like cutlets,rolls,parippu vada,Puffs,arikadukka etc which used to be my daily routine getting back from school or during vacation a run for the evening or mid morning snack.
Its at around 11am that Kumars get the fresh stock for the day and ,since this place was walking distance from home 11.15am I would be at their counter for my daily dose .The best thing about their chicken cutlet was that ,there would rarely be a piece or 2 of chicken in the whole cutlet,yet it would taste totally awesome and completely different from their Vegetarian cutlet,!
.So one of these days ,I was really craving to eat Kumars chicken cutlet and i decided to make it,after scouting around for recipe on the internet,I came across Rinku’s kitchen,and the picture posted there was so captivating I decided to make it,there were a few items from her recipe missing in my pantry ,and hence I did the following.
- 2/3 sheet chicken-stir fry pieces.-comes up to like 1 cup of chicken pieces.
- 2 medium sized potato-peeled and cooked.
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot finely chopped
- bunch of cilantro finely chopped
- 1 grren chilly finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste.
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste.
- 1 Egg
- bread cumbs.
- Wash and cook the chicken with salt. drain and putt it in a chopper .
- Mix with mashed potato,
- In a pan add some oil and fry onion with ginger garlic paste.
- Add chopped cilantro and green chilly and fry well,for like 3-4mts on medium flame ,take care as to not burn the bottom.
- Add garam masala and salt to this and mix well.
- Add this to the chicken potato mixture and bring it together add salt as required.
- Take the egg and separate the white and yolk.Add the yolk to mixture and mix well.
- Beat and keep the egg whites ready ,next to bread crumbs.
- To fry,take a ball of the mixture dip it in egg white,roll in bread crumbs and shallow fry it with little oil till both the sides are golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup.