Makes about 8 medium samosas
- 1 large Potato
- 1/4 tsp Red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp Mango powder
- 1/4 tsp corriander powder
- pinch Astefotida
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
For Outer cover:
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Warm oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup warm water.
- Mix together All purpose flour and salt and mix,to this add warm oil and mix it,without water to make crumbles.
- Now add water bit by bit and make it into a dough.
- Cover with most paper towel for 30mts.
- Boil potato and peel it.
- splutter cumin in oil,fry rest of the powders in it as well
- Add this along with salt to the potatoes and mix well.
- Divide this into 8 equal portions
- Divide the flour dough into 4 equal portion.
- Roll each portion into round flat into a size of a side plate,
- Cut into 2 halves,
- Take each half and bring together the 2 corners along the edges to make it into a cone.
- Press the edges together with a little water if needed
- fill the cavity with one portion of the potato mix.
- now join the rest of the edges.
- Follow the steps 11-14 for the second half.
- and steps 9-15 for the rest of the dough portions.
- Prepare the wok with hot oil for frying this samosa pockets on medium heat for 7-8mts or till they are golden brown all over.
- Serve hot with chutney or in the case above Maggi Hot and sweet chilly sauce,