Another nostalgic entry from my childhood,recipe courtesy my aunt “saripachi” one of the best vegetarian cooks I know.
Ingredients for the banana ball.
- 1 Raw Banana
- 1/2 potato.
- 1/4 chopped onion.
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp coriander /cilantro chooped
- 1 tsp Besan /gram flour/
- 1 /2 chopped onion
- 1 Onion ground.
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste.
- 1 finely chopped tomato.
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder.
- 1 tbsp cream
- cilantro & cheese for garnish
- Cook Potato and banana with their skin on in Microwave for 10mts.
- remove the skin,mash them well and mix with chopped onion,chilli powder,cilantro and gram flour.
- Mix well,and make round balls,
- Deep fry these balls and keep asode.
- In another pan,fry some chopped onion,when translucent add onion and ginger garlic paste.Fry some more.
- When mixture leaves oil,add chopped tomato,paprika ,turmeric and garam masala powder.
- Mix well and let the tomatoes reduce.
- Add 1/2 cup water and let it bring to a boil.
- Add cream mix well .
- When it is time to serve,bring the gravy to a boil drop the balls and garnish with cilantro and cheese(optional).
To make balls:
Cook 3 raw banana and 2 potatoes in cooker till 2 whistle.
Remove the skin of both and mash them well.
Add onion chopped, chilli powder, coriander leaves, and little besan for binding. Mix well and make small balls.deep fry balls till light brown.
To make gravy:
Fry onion chopped length wise, add onion paste ground sepearately, ginger garlic paste, tomato, haldi, garam masala,salt and required water and boil well. At the end add beated milk cream(shaahi).garnish with coriander leaves and chesse.
Add balls to gravy just before you serve.