Loved this when I ate at my cousins place,and it is 90% healthy,10% I would take away because it uses a bit of oil . I followed the recipe as given to me by my cousin and works like a magic.
1⁄2 cup canola oil
• 3⁄4 cup sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup mashed ripened banana (about 3 bananas)
• 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 1⁄2 cup unbleached flour
• 1⁄2 cup almond meal(Almond powder)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 3⁄4 tsp baking soda
• 1⁄2 tsp salt
• About 1⁄2 cup walnuts (depending on how many
you prefer; a variation can be made without using
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mash banana with a fork and add buttermilk.
3. Blend together oil, sugar, vanilla extract, whole wheat flour, unbleached flour,
almond meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt until all batter is smooth,
starting with a low setting and then using a medium setting.
4. Then add the banana mixture to the rest of the batter and blend again on a low
setting just until the point where the batter is smooth again, remember not to over
5. Stir in walnuts using any spoon.
6. Line a muffin tin with cupcake/muffin liners and pour in batter to about 3⁄4 of the
7. Stick the muffin tin in oven and bake on 350° for 12 minutes or until golden-
brown and test using a toothpick by making sure that crumbs don’t stick.