This recipe belongs to my friend Deepa. Though I do not prefer deep frying much,but for this particular recipe deep frying seems to add a lot of taste.I am sure it can be shallow fried,which I shall try one of these days and update.
- 2 Large Russet potato
- 2-3 carrots
- 3/4 tbsp garlic paste
- 3/4 tbsp ginger paste.
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- bread crumbs
- salt to taste,
- oil for frying.
- Wash and peel potatoes and carrots.
- Cut carrots into small peices and cook it with potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes in hand.
- Saute Onion and ginger garlic paste till translucent.
- Add the powders ie garam masala ,chilly and cumin powder ,salt and cooked potatoes and carrot.
- In 1/3 cup water,beat the all purpose flour thoroughly,this will be the dipping batter .
- Place the bread crumbs in a bowl near by.
- Prepare hot oil,make a ball of the veggie mixture,dip it in dipping batter,roll it in the bread crumbs.Flatten it slightly between the palm of your hands and place it in hot oil and deep fry it.
- Serve hot with ketchup.