Tamilnadu Style Egg Curry and North Indian Naan on Tawa:
I decided this week that I will not be cooking Chicken at home,now that posed a dilema considering my not too large interest in Vegetables especially the Veggies used in the US kitchen.And expectation for the weekend does not change much..ie “Weekend pe Non veg tho banta hi hai” loosely translated ,how can one have a weekend without Non vegetarian.There fore I decided to try something that wont be a proper non veg and will also be something different to play around with.
I had been planning on this Muttai Kozhambu ever since I had seen a couple of its recipes online ,and decided to go ahead with a combination of a few recipe and tailor it to my needs.Though the recipes said it tastes well with rice,I was not in a mood for what was rule :),playing,being my theme for today.Since I was also not in mood for spending too long in kitchen,I decided to play a safe bet with Naan.Now,that should not be too bad I tot to myself,I eat egg curry with Kerala parata,and Naan is almost the same taste.
Yes,I decided to go ahead with ths combination.I cooked and was skeptical that my hubby would like it.He is a little averse to mixing north Indian dishes with south indian,there fore I waited for him to ask for a different lunch and most hapilly surprised when he said it was very yummy.
Hoping you have a similar experiences or even a better one!Enjoy!
Preparation time:20mts,cooking time:20mts,ServeS:2-3
- 4 Hard boiled eggs.
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- 3 large Pods of Garlic finely chopped
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- 1-2 Slit Green Chillies
- 1 Large Onion Finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes Finely chopped
- Tamarind Juice
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chilly powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1tsp Chicken Masala Powder
- 1/2 Cup Thin Coconut Milk(optional)
- Coriander Leaves for Garnish
- Oil for fry
- Salt to taste
- Put some oil in a pan and heat it.
- Temper urad dal and mustard till they splutter.
- Add curry leaves and chopped garlic and fry till the garlic is brown.
- Add the chopped Onion,and fry till golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and fry till it is cooked.
- Then add Chilly powder,Coriander powder,Chicken Powder and Turmeric powder and fry till the smell goes for about 3mts.
- Add a Cup of water bring to boil
- Add salt and coconut Milk and mix well .
- Add the Tamarind juice depending on how much is required to your taste(Note:The dish is a little bit sour).
- Add the boiled eggs.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.Serve with Rice or hot Naan